Software for webcams is just as critical—if not more so—than other peripherals. Although many streaming and conferencing apps have built-in adjustment options, using the manufacturer’s driver software allows you to adjust the settings globally.
Trend Micro Antivirus+ Security: Best Antivirus For Ransomware Protection
Aside from the video quality, I also took a look at their ease of use. Each manufacturer has a different method of attaching a webcam to the monitor, so I tested them across different monitor shapes and sizes.
- However, they can also be purchased separately and connected via USB to your computer.
- of using a Canon camera is that it will blow the quality of any webcam out of the water.
- Now, the camera quality of the Eye will by no means blow you away, but it’s still good enough for some video calls.
- Of course, you might need something like a tripod to properly position your camera, but that shouldn’t be too hard to get your hands on.
- Most laptops and notebook computers have webcams, but we often don’t use them as much as we could.
Educause 2018: Software
More advanced users will likely require more robust software for what they need but for the novice the ARCSoft Webcam Companion software will be more than necessary. As a video conferencing tool for businesses or round table discussions, however, there aren’t many other options in this price range that have the amount of features the Widecam F100 can offer. The wide field of view the F100 provides is great in a setting where you have more than one person vying for screen presence but when used as a personal device much of the captured picture seems wasted. The Widecam F100 comes packed away in a clear plastic that gives us an almost complete look and the camera right on the front of the box. On top of the camera, we are introduced to many of the F100’s key features like its 120o viewing angle and its 1080p quality video.
I tested the plug-n-play nature of them and noted whether the webcams downloaded drivers or software automatically. Lastly, I recorded audio with their built-in microphones, but this was not a heavily influencing factor as a webcam should be bought with video in mind first.
I took into account whether the webcam cord was long enough to reach from the top of a monitor to a case underneath a desk. I tested how easy ccleaner.down4you.software they were to angle, readjust, and if they would fall off or reposition themselves if I bumped the desk.